What is Pranayama Yogic Breathing?
It is a specific breathing technique that improves our physical and mental states of well-being. Pranayama means to control the breath or life force energy, which is done through expansion and extension.
We will become aware of our breath during this breathing practice while learning to control our breathing to strengthen and cleanse the body and mind and release energy. Our breathing can influence many systems in the body, including the nervous, cardiovascular, endocrine, digestive, and immune systems.
We, as humans, do not always breathe appropriately on a regular basis. Sometimes we tend to hold in our stomachs or have other complications that prevent the lungs from fully expanding or contracting. When we do not breathe properly, there’s not enough oxygen in the cells to properly function, metabolize, or perform cellular maintenance activities.
Improper breathing can lead to a build-up of the carbon dioxide (CO2) in the bloodstream, causing the blood to become acidic. An acidic environment in the body is a prime setting for diseases to thrive! It is essential that we engage in practices daily that help quiet the mind and strengthen the body.
“The sound healing was amazing! It made me feel things, like relaxed and rejuvenate and all around just great. I 100% recommend this to anyone who’s looking for healing from a professional!” -J. D.
Benefits of Pranayama Breathwork include:
- Opens up and strengthens the respiratory system
- Positively influences nervous, cardiovascular, endocrine, digestive, and immune systems
- Oxygenates the body more fully, which allows for optimal cellular function
- Promotes efficient CO2 removal
- Calm and balances the mind, as well as your nervous system
- Relaxes the mind and body to allow for more focus
- Energizes the body
- Potential natural release of DMT (dimethyltryptamine) in the body – Same psychoactive element found in ayahuasca or Bufo
- Can also assist with insomnia, stress-related disorders such as depression or anxiety, skin issues, and overall health and wellness.
Ready for a Session?
Breathwork Session – $150 – 45 min In person session
Breathwork Session – $70 – 45 min Remote session
Breathwork & Theta & Sessions – In Person – $300 – 90 min
Breathwork & Theta Sessions – Remote – $250 – 90 min session
*In-person sessions limited to Baltimore City, Baltimore County, Howard County and Prince George’s County.